Effective Ways From Semalt To Get External Links Effectively In 2022 (Part 1)
In this post, I have selected 40 effective ways to get external links based on the current knowledge of SEO experts. I have subdivided them into 3 chapters, of which here is the first: part 1.
Google is reluctant to disclose information about factors that influence search ranking. However, we know that there are currently over two hundred of them, and one of the important elements affecting the visibility of the website are valuable external links.
In the past, success was mainly determined by their number. However, those times are over. Placing a few links to the site on a site that Google trusts will have a better effect on its visibility than distributing hundreds of links on less significant websites. Acquiring external links: how to do it effectively?
I chose 40 effective ways to obtain external links based on the current knowledge of SEO experts. Get to know them better! For each of these sources, it is worth considering whether the page on which you obtain the link has good SEO parameters. Remember that the most important thing is quality!
1. Create valuable ("linkable") content on your blog
If you haven't put it on yet, it's worth doing so. As SEO experts almost unanimously say, high-quality content plays a key role in building your external link base. The goal of your blog is to deliver valuable content - that is, one that users will want to link to.
There are several proven types of texts that particularly attract internet users:
- "exchanges" such as "Top 10 Products for X", "12 Things You Don't Know About Y";
- "Debunking myths", i.e. common and false beliefs related to your industry;
- explanations of industry professional phrases searched by people who do not know the meaning of given terms;
- tutorials such as: how to buy something, how to do something yourself, how to solve a given problem.
Remember that the content published on the blog should be unique and of high quality. So take care of the content, form and style of the articles you publish, as well as regular, frequent addition of current content. Refer to your company's activities on the blog, but do not overdo it with openly advertising content. It is the valuable content you post that will make links to your blog also appear on other websites.
2. Guest entries on external blogs
By starting a blog, you have already become part of an ecosystem. If you can additionally find it, it can become a source of very valuable links. How to do it? One of the more interesting ways to get links are guest posts on blogs of other authors. This is a great opportunity to both share your expertise and get a link to the page (included in the article).
It is worth taking an interest in blogs with an established position among the blogging community, thematically related to the landing page, with high parameters (you can check them in the Dedicated SEO Dashboard tools) - then the link to the landing page will be more valuable.
How to find websites that will publish such content? Browse sites in your industry and see if there are any entries from external authors. If so, chances are your content will be accepted there as well.
3. "Technique of the skyscraper"
Unfortunately, it happens that even the highest-quality blogpost is not able to provide either a substantial base of external links or significant traffic. The 'skyscraper' described by Brian Dean is the way to do this. How to do it?
- The first step is to determine what content you should put on the blog to enrich yourself with some valuable links. For that, you should check what types of texts are getting many external links right now. The tool indispensable in such situations is the Dedicated SEO Dashboard. Use them to scan domains that receive a lot of external links thanks to their content (e.g., the most popular blogs in your industry). The tool will show you the subpages with the content to which you link the most often. Select the content you want to "jump over" in the next step.
- The second step is to "jump" - writing even better text. As? Take care of three things: make your text more comprehensive, up-to-date and immaculately written. All three aspects matter. Take the time to develop great content. The quality of the content is crucial here.
- Step three is to inform sites that have linked to texts in the past, such as the one you are trying to "jump over" at the moment, that you have developed content on the subject as well. Write a message to the administrators of these pages, informing you that the topic is close to you and you have written a text that will elaborate on the issue even more deeply. This is another way to get links to your website.
4. Blog aggregators and search engines
Their use is very simple. All you have to do is submit your blog on such a website in the appropriate form, after which you will usually be asked to paste a fragment of HTML code confirming that you are the owner of the website. After successful verification, you just have to wait for directory users to notice your blog and your website traffic to increase.
5. Writing a review
You probably use various products, services or offers on a daily basis. Take advantage of this by writing feedback on them. How are you going to get additional links thanks to this? There are several ways to do this.
One of them is placing reviews on dedicated websites. These types of websites usually allow you to include a link or signature in the body of the review with a link to your website (often nofollow links).
Another option is to review the products on your blog. Send a well-written, reliable and insightful review to the company or author whose product you are testing. There is a high probability of linking to your review on their website.
An interesting, somewhat time-consuming and, above all, requiring a creative approach to obtaining links is to create your own video and place it on YouTube portals. Optimizing videos posted on these channels can also affect positioning.
The subject of the video will depend on your industry, budget, and the audience you want to reach. Original, eye-catching DIY recording or simply interesting presentation very often spread viral on the web. However, do not forget to include a link to your website in the description of the material. Additionally, it is worth sharing the video on social media profiles.
7. Share your expertise
You can do it in many different ways, not only in the form of the aforementioned regularly updated blog. Here are some options:
- By using SlideShare, you can publish presentations explaining complex and / or current issues. Include links to your website in your presentations - Google's algorithms will find it and take it into account when positioning.
- Look for conferences, meetings and industry events to be held in the near future. TED lectures are a perfect example of events with great popularity. The biography on the website usually also includes a link to the speaker 's website.
- Write a longer article (or even an e-book, if you feel the calling...) devoted to the analysis of a professional issue, addressed to your target group. It can be a PDF publication. Links placed in PDF files available on the web also affect positioning by Google.
8. Graphics creation
Especially infographics. Create by yourself (e.g., using Infogrames or Canva) or commission the creation and post on the web visually attractive and transparent summaries of industry data and more. Before you start creating infographics, check what topics are currently living in the branch of business in which you operate. Also, remember to use only the most recent data and always indicate the source.
Infographics are also applicable to evergreen themes - the matter of choosing the right topic, i.e. one that will always be up-to-date.
Effect: people interested in your market can share such graphics on their profiles - perhaps along with a link to your website.
9. Create a practical online tool
Such solutions may include widgets to which a link to your website will be added, toolbars, plug-ins and extensions for leading web browsers that you will make available for use by Internet users. It's also a good idea to create visually attractive things: icon sets, templates for use in content management systems (CMS).
Of course, you don't have to do it yourself - you can hire someone to do it for you and treat it as an investment in marketing aimed at getting links to your site in as many places on the web as possible for free. However, considering that in this case you have no control over where the link will appear, and you can get a lot of them, add the noffolow attribute to the link. Thanks to this, you will avoid getting dofollow links from websites with poor SEO parameters.
Just 280 characters this social networking service gives you opens up considerable opportunities for getting your links. But remember that advertising too openly is not a good strategy. The most important thing in TT is contact with others and the ability to react quickly. Using Twitter, you can livestream about industry events, speeches by valued experts by selecting key quotes and instantly uploading them online.
Do the links posted on Twitter have a direct impact on the SEO of your website? No, but an intermediate one - absolutely. It is worth noting that although the link is redirected, it can still support your link building strategy.
In addition, real-time tweets have started to appear in search results thanks to the collaboration that Google has started with this social networking site. You can enter a phrase with a hashtag and you will see the news posted on this site. This is a way to increase traffic and thus increase the likelihood that someone will publish a link to your website.
Remember! If you add graphics in your post, make sure you have a suitable alternative description that will define its content. Alt will make it easier for search engine robots to associate a given image with the content, it will be visible to the user when the image is not displayed correctly, and it will also be used by people with visual impairments.
External linking: a few words in conclusion
That's all. If you try the above-mentioned techniques in your work, be sure to share your impressions. Google search algorithms change frequently, which changes the techniques of SEO people's work. Perhaps some of these techniques are still driving our site big moves today, only to become obsolete and ineffective in a month's time.
Maybe you know any other ways to get external links? If not, see them in Part 2 of this article.